- AFR Top 100 Most Innovative Companies 2018
- Leadership / Workforce planning / Innovation
- Newly created position – make it your own!
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 staff working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
A newly created opportunity
The Applied Legal Solutions Manager (ALSM) will be the lead coordinator of an integrated cross-disciplinary function supporting large scale discovery, document review, due diligence and related projects and tasks across Gilbert + Tobin (G+T). Reporting to the Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer and her senior team, the ALSM will manage a document review team, and triage and coordinate the engagement of specialist support teams (including legal informatics/ediscovery, legal project management and innovation teams) with the aim of fostering the seamless delivery of superior client service.
G+T has created this new role of ALSM as an important contributor to G+T’s innovation strategy. As such, the ALSM will also provide input into the design and processes of this cross disciplinary function, and play a central leadership role in its evolution over time.
- Actively manage paralegal teams (and supervise their work in conjunction with G+T lawyers), and manage paralegal (and lawyer) staffing levels including working with HR to scale up resources at short notice.
- Co-ordinate G+T lawyers and legal support services (including legal informatics/ediscovery, legal project management and innovation teams) to ensure the right technologies and resources are deployed, and are most effectively integrated and aligned towards the client solution.
- Work closely with G+T lawyers and legal support services to analyse the client’s risk appetite for different technology and resourcing solutions.
- Work with the heads of relevant legal support services to help ensure that sufficient capacity is maintained to support relevant matters, including planning for (and anticipating) issues and providing solutions which do not compromise client service.
- Work closely with offshore document review providers as an integrated team where required.
- Assist in designing operating processes, systems and methods for the cross-disciplinary function, and support change management initiatives to embed this function.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies, ensure learnings and best practices are applied consistently throughout all relevant client matters, and proactively explore new and emerging processes, technologies and delivery models.
- Extensive applied experience in relation to the planning and resourcing of large scale document reviews for legal matters.
- Strong experience in co-ordinating cross-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to successfully partner with a diverse range of demanding stakeholders in a high pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Experience in exploring and evaluating new technologies, methods, and evolving best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to explain the benefits, costs and risks of technological and other processes in simple and clear terms.
For further information about this role, please contact Scott Baker – People Team +61 2 9263 4398.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Unsolicited CV’s will be deemed the property of Gilbert + Tobin.
Category: Business Support - Management