- Most Innovative Law Firm in Australia - 2017 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards
- Provide 2nd level support to the IT Service Desk
- A proven ability to take initiative is essential
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its fields. Our clients come to us for our creative and innovative means of getting results. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
About the Role
We are looking for an Applications Support Analyst to join our Technology Team, based in Sydney.
You will work in a team that is responsible for the administration of the document management platform, key integration applications and utility platforms used throughout the organisation.
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
- Provide 2nd level support to the IT Service Desk and other Technology teams
- Assist with the implementation, upgrade and maintenance of the firm's applications, through technical, analytical or programming methods
- Document the implementation of applications through design, configuration, and support reports
- Perform configuration, testing, and multi-tiered system integration of applications, with minimal supervision, following the full lifecycle methodology
- Analyse the impact of new technology on day-to-day operations/workflow and advise on associated application integration and re-engineering, and architecting efforts
- Provide day-to-day support for the firm's DMS and integrated applications, including account setup, server maintenance and configuration. Troubleshooting and performance monitoring
- Analyse user problems or enquiries and follow through to resolution within agreed service level agreements.
- To provide excellent customer service and to ensure users are able to continue to work
- Provide estimates and target dates for projects/tasks assigned
- Working as part of a team, with a positive "can do" attitude, sharing advice and workload to provide the best possible service to users
- Liaise with 3rd party support vendors
- Be available to assist out of hours where required.
- Willingness to work above and beyond documented duties
- At least 2 years’ experience working with and supporting document management systems
- A good understanding of the Microsoft Office productivity set and associated development and coding capabilities.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems with the ability to troubleshoot through available application and event logs.
- A good understanding of time management, practice management and other professional services applications stacks
- A good understanding of SQL and other database technologies
- An understanding of SharePoint and associated administration functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” customer service driven attitude
- Proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills and build strong, productive relationships
For further information about this role, please contact Scott Baker – Resourcing Manager on (02) 9263 4398.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.
Category: Business Support - Information Technology