Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
Our Construction Team sits within our award-winning Banking and Infrastructure Group. The Group advises leading Australian and international contractors, investors, State governments, financial institutions, investment banks, corporations and private equity funds. The team combines a thorough understanding of Australian and international projects, infrastructure and financial markets, with a strong commercial focus and project management abilities to achieve our clients objectives.
This role will work closely with Alexander Danne along with Penny Swain, with examples of the groups recent work including:
- Advising Healthscope on the State concession structuring, design, build, finance, operation and maintenance contracts for the Northern Beaches Hospital project
- Advising Transport for NSW (State Government) on rail related infrastructure.
- Advised Veolia Environmental Services on all legal aspects of its ground breaking project for a new $450m waste-to-energy facility in WA, including the construction and operation and maintenance arrangements, as well as related project financing contracts with the project financier group.
- Advising MP Water on the successful bid to build and operate a $200m water treatment plant for Springvale Mine and Mt Piper Power station including project documents, construction arrangements, project financing, due diligence, insurance arrangements and the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) requirements.
In this role you will gain exposure to:
- Construction documentation and negotiation;
- Broader project documentation and negotiation;
- Project finance and PPPs – debt and equity financing arrangements; and
- Clients and business development opportunities.
Due to ongoing success and growth we are currently looking for junior, mid and/or senior Lawyers to have a focus on construction matters as well as working across related Banking + Infrastructure deals.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- 2-8 years project and transactional experience
- A broad knowledge of project and construction transactions, ideally with some exposure to, or interest in, project finance
- Superior analytical, negotiation and drafting skills
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work effectively with clients
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively working in small and large teams
At Gilbert + Tobin you will experience a flat team structure allowing talented individuals to work closely with our industry leading partners and take a leading role earlier on matters. If you are looking to advance your career with a firm that is ambitious and full of talented individuals with a warm culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further information about the team and the role please contact Belinda Blackburn – HR Manager, on BBlackburn@gtlaw.com.au
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs.
Category: Experienced Lawyer - Banking & Finance