- 2017 Law Firm of the Year
- Support G+T's high profile litigation practice
- Become a key member of the G+T people team
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its fields. Our clients come to us for our creative and innovative means of getting results. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
In this role
The Human Resources Manager’s role will have focus on our Litigation practice group, interfacing extensively with firm’s partners and senior managers and working closely with members of the People Team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising and assisting the relevant groups/teams on all People related matters – from recruitment, onboarding, development, performance management through to exits
- Building and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and people at all levels
- Working with the People team and partners to develop and implement HR projects and initiatives (eg new HRIS, engagement initiatives, EVP etc)
- Workforce planning strategy, including recruitment and retention
- Working with the People team and partners to develop and implement culture building initiatives, i.e. post engagement activities
- Maintaining prompt and accurate employee records for your client group, file notes, correspondence, etc
- Supporting the integration of new starters into the group, through onboarding
- Generating reports and key people metrics for decision-making purposes
- Providing Head of People with business updates and reporting
This position has a high level of visibility and touch across the firm and requires a sophisticated level of relationship and stakeholder management ability including maturity and judgement. In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Business aligned generalist HR experience (professional services, legal or investment banking experience desirable).
- A high level of both written and verbal communication
- A sophisticated level of relationship management with demonstrated ability to effectively influence stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to demonstrate maturity and judgement
- A high level of attention to detail, good administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously, within a broadly defined structure
- A team player, who is willing to collaborate and work with others on significant projects
- The ability to work clearly and practically under pressure – balancing deliverables and deadlines
- A sense of humour and the willingness to “get your hands dirty” to get the job done!
For further information about this role, please contact Scott Baker – Resourcing Manager on (02) 9263 4398.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.
Category: Business Support - Human Resources