- Law Firm of the Year 2017
- Join a dynamic and supportive IT team
- 6 month contract
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its fields. Our clients come to us for our creative and innovative means of getting results. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 staff working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices. We’re not constrained by tradition, so we’re always open to change and ideas for improvement.
About the Role
The IT Desktop Support Analyst will provide a professional second level IT service to internal clients based in our three offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in a timely and friendly manner. Broadly this will involve:
- Acting as an initial contact point for all escalated IT issues arising from internal clients via the Level 1 Global Support IT Service Desk.
- Responding, logging and updating IT related queries in the call logging system (LANDesk)
- Responding to and resolving queries in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner, remaining accountable for the timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Escalating third level IT issues to other IT teams.
- Assisting with management of the mobility fleet (iPads, data cards, iPhones, Android etc)
- Maintaining up to date asset records for staff and recording this in the centralised documentation.
- Installing, maintaining and supporting hardware (Laptops, Printers, Cisco IP phones, peripherals, servers (with the assistance of the Infrastructure Team)).
- Supporting software systems and packages in use by G + T (Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Adobe X, MS Visio, MS Project, Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex, Airwatch Mobile Device Management, Interaction, Filetrack, Big Hand digital dictation)
- Supporting remote access systems (Citrix, Vasco, VPN)
Meeting Rooms and AV Equipment
- Setting up IT equipment and providing support for meetings as and when required.
- Testing audio visual and video conference equipment prior to meetings.
- Assisting with desk moves and new user setups
- Work different hours/shifts as and when required
- Assisting in IT projects as and when required.
- Managing requests for bookings of IT equipment and updating of the loans database.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Prior Level 2 IT Support experience in a corporate environment.
- Support experience with Windows, AD, Exchange, Office, video conferencing equipment, smart devices, printers, scanners and general IT hardware
- Enthusiastic “can do” customer service driven attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- An ability to relate to people at all levels
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Unsolicited CV’s will be deemed the property of Gilbert + Tobin.
Category: Business Support - Information Technology