- Recognised in the AFR Top 100 Most Innovative Companies 2018
- Strong communication and presentation skills essential
- Support one of the pre-eminent competition practices in Australia
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
We are looking for an experienced Knowledge and Practice Innovation Lawyer who will provide dedicated support to our Competition + Regulation (C+R) practice group on a part-time basis. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing direct 1:1 support as required by the lawyers in the group including being a “legal helpdesk”, mentoring lawyers, aiding in the transition into G+T for new starters, and providing ad hoc training;
- Providing lawyers with access to high quality documents, advices and research;
- Keeping materials available to C+R current, relevant, and structured appropriately;
- Identifying and developing new resources for lawyers in C+R, including innovation tools;
- Keeping lawyers aware of the legal developments in competition and regulatory law;
- Participating in and leading a variety of knowledge, process improvement and innovation projects across the firm (both specific to C+R and firm-wide);
- Identifying opportunities to develop additional innovation tools/processes, and develop/implement these; and
- Identifying training opportunities/needs for lawyers in the C+R Group, including developing the C+R Group’s L&D calendar, and coordinating the training sessions.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years post admission experience as a Competition lawyer as well as being able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills including presentation skills, and the capacity to express complex ideas clearly.
- Advanced capacity to comprehend new legal concepts and information quickly, and then communicate about them clearly and coherently.
- Ability to categorise, structure and label information for online delivery.
- Specialist legal knowledge including MCLE.
- Advanced research skills (legal and other research).
- Advanced writing skills.
If you are interested in working at a more dynamic and flexible firm that has built its success on legal innovation and outstanding career opportunities, please apply now.
Category: Business Support - Knowledge Management