- 2017 Australian Law Firm of the Year (250-500 lawyers)
- Work on high profile matters with leading Lawyers
- Opportunities with the Banking Royal Commission + general commercial litgation
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 staff working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
Our Litigation Group
Gilbert +Tobin's Litigation team offers sophisticated and strategic litigation and dispute resolution services across a broad range of legal areas, achieving outstanding results in many of Australia's most high profile and significant commercial disputes, involving both litigated and negotiated outcomes.
We continue to win complex and challenging work based on our strong track record and reputation as a team of talented, innovative and "courageous" litigators who combine service excellence with consistent and transparent communication with clients.
Recent matters the team has been involved in include:
- Successfully acted for Google Inc (instructed directly by US parent) in defending proceedings brought by the ACCC regarding alleged misleading and deceptive conduct over sponsored links which appear on Google's search result pages - culminating in a successful appeal to the High Court.
- RiverCity class action: Securing a AUD280 million settlement - the largest settlement of a misleading and deceptive conduct claim in Australian corporate history - for the RiverCity companies in proceedings against AECOM Australia in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to Brisbane's Clem 7 Tunnel.
- Representing the BrisConnections companies in proceedings against Arup in the Federal Court of Australia, alleging misleading and deceptive conduct and negligent misstatement, and seeking over AUD1.5 billion in damages in relation to Brisbane's AirportLink toll road.
- Representing Lowe's in proceedings against Woolworths with regards to the Masters $1b joint venture
As a result of rapid growth, we are looking for strong junior and mid level lawyers to join the team. You will be exposed to a wide range of litigation and dispute work and have the opportunity to work with market leading practitioners. We offer our lawyers competitive remuneration, professional variety and the opportunity to be truely innovative.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3-6 years post-admission experience in Litigation
- A strong knowledge and interest in commercial litigation across a variety of areas
- Superior analytical and drafting skills
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work effectively with clients
For further information about this role, please contact Scott Baker - People Team (02) 9263 4398.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.
Category: Experienced Lawyer - Litigation & Dispute Resolution