- AFR Top 100 Most Innovative Companies 2018
- G+T ranked 'Outstanding' in the Asialaw Profiles 2019
- Elite 3E experience an advantage
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
The Management Accountant is responsible for assisting both the Finance Manager and CFO to identifying, developing and communicating accounting information to Partners in order to help them to make informed divisions about the financial performance and direction of the firm. Broadly this will involve:
- Financial reporting
- Month end journals (including but not limited to accruals, prepayment, depreciation and amortisation)
- Fee Earner set ups and budgets
- Preparing P&Ls and variance analysis
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations (monthly)
- Prepare the Finance Report (monthly
- Prepare and analyse Group & Operational Department expense reports (monthly)
- Statutory Reporting
- Prepare and lodge BAS returns (monthly)
- FBT reconciliations
- Prepare and lodge ABS returns
- Assist Finance Manager in the preparation of the yearly firm budget
- Work with operational managers in the preparation of group expense budgets
Providing technical accounting advice
- Providing technical accounting advice to partners and Operational managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Answering enquiries from partners and operational managers
- Act as a back-up/secondary support for other Finance team members
- Contributing to project work within the Finance team
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working in a finance department in a corporate environment. Professional services an advantage.
- A thorough understanding of management accounting systems and methodologies
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time and priority management
- Exposure to practice management software (Elite 3E) an advantage.
- CA, CPA or CIMA qualified an advantage with tertiary qualifications such as Accounting, Commerce or Economics degree
For more information, please contact Scott Baker, Resource Manager, on (02) 9263 4398 for a confidential discussion.
Category: Business Support - Management