- 2017 Australian Law Firm of the Year
- High-impact comms role
- 12 month contract
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 staff working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
This high-impact 12 month contract role will support the development and delivery of the firm’s Marketing and Communications strategy and plans across internal and external audiences. Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager, the role works with G+T’s senior leaders to create engaging content and deliver effective communications that showcase the firm’s expertise in legal services. The role is key to harnessing the passion of our people and building their understanding of G+T’s approach to business, our values and our ambition to be the leading corporate law firm in Australia. Working closely with the broader marketing and business development team, the role is responsible for:
- Understanding the Australian legal and business media landscape to identify opportunities to build awareness of the G+T brand, thought-leadership and expertise in legal service delivery.
- Sourcing and developing content for the G+T website and social media channels, writing media releases, briefing spokespeople, responding to media enquiries and liaising with relevant Partners to coordinate approval on PR materials.
- Understanding issues relevant to the legal industry and working alongside business development managers and Partners to support execution of practice group plans and build G+T’s credentials among key stakeholders.
- Supporting and managing the delivery of internal and external components of key projects and corporate campaigns across all relevant channels/stakeholders including amplifying G+T news and events across corporate social media channels and through EDM platform.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to shape and deliver internal communications plan including developing, sourcing, editing and publishing content and rolling out campaigns to inspire action around key business priorities and build employee pride.
- Support management of G+T alumni program including working with key internal and external stakeholders to develop engaging content and rollout initiatives/event to build stronger relationships with alumni network
- Help lead a shift towards a digital-first approach across the firm to more effectively utilise digital as a marketing channel, increase engagement with key audiences and measure impact against KPIs.
- Work with Content Marketing Executive to create and rollout paid and owned campaigns that will build G+T’s reputation as a leader digital communications.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with media, key government and regulatory stakeholders, Partners and wider BD team to enable delivery against Marketing and Communications plan and priorities.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong writing skills, experience in story creation and writing for online audiences
- Experience in developing a marketing or communications strategy and plan
- Proven capability in creating content, leveraging digital and social tools and measuring effectiveness of communications activities and ROI of various channels to support delivery against business priorities
- Proven media relations experience (including direct media engagement, developing PR strategy and identifying new opportunities to build corporate brand and reputation as a thought-leader)
- Experience working with and influencing senior internal and external stakeholders
- Tracking and tracing of issues, hot topics and trends in Australian business news agenda
- Project Management experience
For further information about this role, please contact Alison Maclurkin - People Team (02) 9263 4216.
AgenciesGilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.
Category: Business Support - Marketing