- M&A Law Firm of the Year 2019
- Broad Ops Risk role
- Support the COO and Operational Managers
Gilbert + Tobin is a Top Tier Corporate Law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 650 staff working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
About the Role
The Operational Risk & Projects Associate will be responsible for supporting the COO and and Operational Managers as they uphold the G+T Risk Management Framework (including Business Continuity). You will also provide senior level risk and advisory support where required to Department Heads. Broadly this will include:
- conducting risk management reviews with Operational Managers; advising on, scope and supporting implementation of associated controls, making recommendations and/or remediations;
- conducting risk assessment and risk due diligence on third party vendors
- contributing to client tenders and IT security risk assessments as necessary;
- conducting analysis, investigations and reporting on risk incidents in accordance with G+T incident response plans and protocols
Travel Risk Monitoring
- monitoring travel security of G+T travellers;
- conducting risk assessments for upcoming G+T travellers and overseas secondments;
- liaising with Dynamiq travel security emergency management team as needed
- conducting business impact and threat assessments to identify critical business functions, key technology, dependencies and recovery time objectives;
- maintaining and updating business continuity plans, including business unit plans, IT plans and crisis communications;
- maintaining and updating staff emergency contacts (nationally) for emergency management and communication purposes;
- managing and administering the business continuity management tool
- managing and implementing risk awareness programs for staff, including induction training for new staff
You will be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical ability, strong project management skills and a consultative approach. You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant tertiary degree - ideally Law, Commerce, Economics, Science
- Experience gained in law, professional services or risk.
- An understanding if the relevant principles and application of risk, compliance and business resilience;
- The aptitude to consider issues at both a strategic and practical level;
- The capability to build productive relationships at all levels;
- A willingness to “get your hands dirty” to come up with practical solutions
- A “can do” attitude to problem solving
For further information about this role, please contact Scott Baker - People Team (02) 9263 4398.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.
Category: Business Support - Human Resources